The Procurement Officer is responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts/quotation, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality in accordance with the company policy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze category, service, material, and vendor costs to provide key decision information.
- Source and benchmark trusted suppliers and maintain good relations.
- Determine appropriate method of procuring the goods and services needed.
- Review Purchase Orders from Procurement Analysts
- Maintain accurate inventory records including details on price, performance, and delivery.
- Keep track of all goods and services ordered and received.
- Participate in the implementation of tasks such as software migration, process improvement, and correction of ISO findings.
- Submit regular reports in a timely manner.
- Supervise performance of Procurement Analysts
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration or any related course.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience and relevant work experience in purchasing or related function.
- Proficient knowledge in procurement sourcing and vendor management.
- Proficient verbal and written English and Filipino communication skills.
- Must have good organizational, and customer management skills; Attentive to details.
- Good analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be well-organized, practice effective time management and ability to handle complex, varied workload.
- Must be able to work independently and able to adapt to constant work transitions.