Responsible for all sales activities and developments in the local market. Establishes plans and strategies to expand customer base and provides leadership towards profitability and growth in line with the company’s vision and values. The role covers the Sales Department of the Marine Resources Development Corporation (MRDC).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manages accounts of the local market and ensures that their requirements are consistently met.
- Develop and implement Sales and Marketing strategies to attain company sales goals and profitability.
- Manage, monitor, and supervise the sales activities of account managers and marketing coordinators.
- Organize and coordinate plant visits and plant audits.
- Update oneself with the latest market trends and industry developments to exploit business opportunities.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on sales developments in the assigned market.
- Provide input to budget preparation and ensure that expenses are within target.
- Provide a quarterly projection of requirements for the local market.
- Prepare staff development and training needs analysis and implement approved training plan.
- Handle special projects that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Generate a healthy work environment through teamwork and positive motivation amongst staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields of expertise: Chemistry, Food Technology, Business, or other relevant fields.
- Preferably has a background, or an equivalent prior work experience in food manufacturing or fast-moving consumer goods sales and account management.
- Knowledge of computer software and applications, such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Must have good communication and negotiation skills in both oral and written English and Filipino.