The Accounts Payable/Treasury (AP/T) Analyst is responsible for processing accounts payable and disbursement in a timely manner. They are responsible for ensuring that all transactions processed are appropriate and necessary. The AP/T Analyst implements all necessary controls regarding payments and is guided by the existing policies and procedures.
Role and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable and Disbursements
- Receive all Requests for Payment (RFP) from other departments – with logbook maintained for received transactions. For recurring transactions such as but not limited to Meralco and credit card payments, prepare RFP for approval by the authorized signatory.
- Process transactions only when complete supporting documents are present such as Purchase Requisition (PR), Canvass Sheet, Purchase Order (PO), Delivery Receipt (DR), and Sales Invoice (SI) or Statement of Account (SOA).
- Ensure accurate computation of the amount to be paid and correct recording of Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax.
- Record transactions using Enter Bill and Pay Bill in QuickBooks and NetSuite.
- Prepare a check voucher and checks. Ensures correctness of information on the bank forms, if applicable.
- Secure signatures of authorized signatories and monitor release of checks.
- Responsible for maintaining complete files of check vouchers, suppliers invoice, SOA and official receipts or proof of payment.
- Provide weekly disbursement summary reports and monthly cash plan to the Accounting Officer for cash management purposes.
- Statutory and Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure timely payment of SSS, PhilHealth and HDMF contributions and loans.
- Process annual business permits renewal requirements and payments.
- Accounting for Other Affiliates
- Perform all duties and responsibilities listed above concurrently for affiliates.
- Audit Function
- Conduct Internal Control evaluation and risk assessment to identify areas requiring management intervention to prevent frauds, embezzlements, misappropriations, misuse and wastage and ensuring that objectives of the organization are achieved economically, efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Preferably Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least two (2) years working experience in Accounting
- Proficient knowledge in government reports and accounting standards
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in Accounting Software
- Must be able to handle business and personal information with the highest degree of confidentiality
- Organized and detail oriented